Nov 9, 2011

Interpersonal skills continue with the relationship in an effective way


 Interpersonal skills are all the behaviors and feelings that exist within all of us that influence our interactions with others. Whether we are shy or bold, quiet or passive, domineering or cooperative are all different examples of characteristics of interpersonal skills. How do we develop our interpersonal skills? We don’t really… at least not consciously. These skills are learned from watching our parents, the television and our peers. Children imitate in an attempt to learn. Most of what we believe to be true about ourselves and the world around us, we do not stop and examine. It is only when problems arise that we are given a glimpse into our interpersonal skills and the potential for change that exists.
    How Often do You tend to have difficulty following a project through from beginning to end. How often do you get frightened or stressed when I am in the company of an angry person. How often do you order to avoid a conflict, I find it easier to lie than tell the truth. How often do you have judged myself harshly.
   I am my own worst critic, and I am harder on myself than I am on others. How often do you feel that I am being taken advantage of by individuals and society in general; I often feel victimized. How often do you take myself very seriously, and I view all of relationships just as seriously.Expressing yourself and your rights without violating the rights of others.
   Conflict is natural and inevitable. Conflict Resolution helps you resolve differences so that you may continue with the relationship in an effective way.
   Knowing how to recognize and express anger appropriately can help us to reach goals, handle emergencies, solve problems and even protect our health.

No comments:

Post a Comment